I told him that your Mom and I did nothing, but that you celebrated by wearing green, peeing and pooping yourself and throwing up a lot, since that seemed to be how most people celebrate the day.
(that's funny on several levels, trust me)
But, it's the truth: you don't toss your cookies a lot, but when you do, you do it with style.
The first time I saw Old Faithful in action was before that fateful night where my t-shirt received a milk-white racing stripe. A few days before, it was my first solo effort at dressing you.
I picked out the cutest little cowboy outfit in the world, and I proceeded to spend the next 10 minutes or so getting it on you. This outfit, like most baby clothes, was terribly complicated and had more snaps than a Beatnick poetry reading (also funny, trust me). But, I finally got you all snapped and situated and dressed.
And then you started hiccupping. And then those hiccups started getting a little bass in their register and before I knew it, you'd rolled your head to the side and puked all over yourself...the shoulder, the sleeve, the shirt, everything had a fresh not-so-fresh milk coating.
But that was okay! Luckily, I picked you up and was about to start undressing and redressing you when the hiccups started again. You were laying in my arms, face up toward the sky.
Almost as if it were in slow motion, I saw you spew an impressive amount of vomit high into the sky. My catlike reflexes told me to do so, and so I quickly pulled you out of the way of the Coconut Rain that was about to splatter back in your face. With a KERSPLAT your lunch landed on the changing table, but missed you completely. (but that didn't really matter, since I had to change you anyway!)
I've never been to Yellowstone, but I have a feeling I've seen Old Faithful already.
Don't think that your Mom is immune to the Geyser either! Let's just say that as I was about to leave for work last week, I put a pacifier in your mouth (to hopefully get your mom a few more minutes of sleep), and you shot that pacifier out like a vomit-propelled bullet.
And this morning, as I was leaving for work, she was feeding you in our bed, you disconnected and ERPPP! Now we have to wash the sheets again. Clearly you have an averse reaction to me leaving.
Or maybe your little, growing tummy sometimes gets a little too full!
Either way, though, don't worry- you're still growing and gaining weight, so the food your losing with these powerful displays isn't much needed.
And, don't worry about us, either- like I said before, it's never been such a pleasure to be thrown up on!
So, keep it up son! But, honestly, it wouldn't hurt if you tried to keep some of it down as well!
He is so precious! I have had my share of spit up moments and one that had my husband running to the bathroom him self because he couldn't stomach it!
ReplyDelete