Listening to the two of talk to each other is inspiring, hilarious, heart-felt, lovely, and makes your mother and me so proud...no matter the subject area.
You are really good friends, and hearing you relate to each other verbally kinda like little grown ups is really a huge treat and hugely rewarding.
We love that you're buddies; we love that you communicate; and we love you!
Here's a loosely transcribed interlude from the other morning:
<Interior- Bathroom. Morning>
J: I am pooping.
A: Big or small?
J: Big!
Daddy: Aidan, do you need to go potty too?
A: Yes, but I have to wait my turn. You going to work?
Daddy: Yes... to earn that monay!
J: Money? That makes you sick!
A: Yeah, that makes you sick. We don’t eat it.
J: Will you tell us a story about Frozen?
A: How about Star Wars? You’ll be Luke Skywalker, and I’ll be Darth Vader
J: I wanna be the princess.
A: How about, I am Jabba the Hut, you are Jabba the Hut, and you are Jabba the Hut.
J: No I wanna be the princess only!
Daddy: What about Preston? Can he be Chewbacca?
A: Yeah! And what about Toby?
Daddy: How about R2D2?
A: No….. he is Jabba the Hut!
Daddy: What about mommy? Can she be Han Solo?
J and A: Yeah!
The truth of the matter is, that you both just love each other very much...
Julia puts on princess costume: Aidan, will you kiss me now?
<long silence. Aidan thinking>
Aidan: Wait a second, I think I need to get my costume.
Aidan puts on costume.
<kiss>


No comments:
Post a Comment