Our Babies

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Daddy and Son Day Sunday

While Mommy and Julia had their "mommy daughter day", you and I had a Daddy Son Sunday!

We spent the morning doing just whatever you wanted, which just so happened to be wrestling and playing Legos together for a long time!

Then I had a treat for you, which you really really liked a lot more than I thought you would!

We went to a drive-in place- Jake's- and I let you sit in the passenger seat while we ate greasy delicious burgers and fries. You LOVED sitting up front more than you loved the burger (and let me tell you, you ate all but one bite of that dang burger!)



I gotta say, I loved sitting side-by-side with you in the car and eating burgers too! Your joy for pushing buttons and just sitting up front next to me was infectious!


Then we went to JumpStreet, your choice, and bounced, hung, climbed, dodge balled, shot baskets (you made one and were so proud!) and sweated until we couldn't bounce any more. 




I love you son! And even though we didn't do anything big or monumental, sometimes it's the little things that count. And this little, lazy, burger filled, bouncy afternoon counted, for sure, in my book forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment