Our Babies

Friday, May 4, 2018

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Leaving you guys when I have to go on a work trip or when Mommy and I have a very rare 'Grown Up Only' trip is always difficult.

In May, I did both...back to back...and preparing to leave you guys for the longest time I've ever been away from you (2 whole weeks) was very very difficult.

The days leading up to my departure were not filled with sadness, but with a smattering of the amazing, adventurous types of awesomeness you guys normally fill our lives with. It made it that much harder to leave...and a million times sweeter to come home!

The days were filled with artwork 





 ...playing outside in the beautiful spring weather..



...journeying outside in the not-so beautiful spring weather...




...and on the day of my departure...bracing for goodbye with hugs, and mementos, and selfies for the long journey ahead. 





...and even more backyard adventures....

On my way out the door, you each gave me a talisman to hold on to...to bring with me on my trip so that I could have a piece of you with me. You said if I missed you, I could just hold the rocks. I told you that when I held the rocks, you could maybe feel me hugging you.

It worked! Whenever I missed you, I held the rocks; and you said you felt my hugs!


Mommy and I had a wonderful time in Australia! And we were SO thrilled to be back with you and get back to the normal day-to-day adventures with our two favorite people 

No comments:

Post a Comment