Our Babies

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day and Rolling over!

This week of your life (and yes, unfortunately, I've lost count of the weeks!) started with a bang. On Saturday morning I went into your nursery and saw you happily chatting up the ceiling and smiling and then...you rolled from your back to your side! I was amazed! I called your Mom in to come take a look at it!

We practiced this skill some more during tummy time during the day and again later that night at Uncle Jerkface and Auntie M's...but you just couldn't get the weight to tip right and take you the next step in rolling over.

But you really seemed to be enjoying rolling from your back to your side!

The next morning was Father's Day! And we had your Baba and Pops (and everyone else) over to celebrate being a father.

It was extra special because it was my First Father's Day and I got to celebrate it with MY dad and father-in-law...and my son! We fathers enjoyed a major major breakfast spread and took lots of pictures of us enjoying the day.



We got the Grandpas some cool pictures for Father's Day.

Here are the two pictures we printed out for Baba (can you guess who Baba is holding?):

And here are 3 we printed out for Pops! Do you know who Pops is holding in the pictures? Do you know who the man holding me in the first picture is? That's MY grandpa (Pops' Dad!)




After the Granddads left, you and I were able to enjoy some good Daddy and Me time. First you napped:

And then, later in the day, when your Mommy went to the market to pick up Daddy's special sushi dinner, you and I went swimming in the blow up pool and had a great old time!

Then, your old Man had a killer idea. We've been told that the more naked a baby is the more free he'll feel. And I wanted you to feel super free to roll over all by yourself. So after swimming, you got super naked and we did some naked tummy time outside:There were even a few waterworks, which is to be expected when a little boy is neked!

But you were content to just suck on your hands, make cute faces and look at the clouds.

But then I saw a mosquito and we had to move the naked tummy time party indoors, where we would really try to get you to roll over! You didn't quite roll over all by yourself, but you got exceptionally close!

And you were really enjoying yourself despite not rolling over!


You even tried to recreate my world famous pose.

Aidan:
Daddy (in April 1982):
I think you got your Mommy's tushy!

Then Mommy came home with the sushi (which kind of looks like it would sound or taste like tushy, but it doesn't), and we took a couple of family pictures together!


But, clearly, you were tired after a long, long day and our first Father's Day came to a close...for you at least. Your Mom and I stayed up for at least a few more hours.

It was a great First Father's Day! Your Mommy printed me this picture! But, I didn't need a present at all, really, because (as Sonny and Cher said), I've got you, babe!! (and I've got your Mom too!) (and sushi!)

No comments:

Post a Comment