Our Babies

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Laughing, Teething and Everything

These past couple weeks have had a lot of developmental milestones!

You started communicating with us in all new ways including "the whispers." The whispers are super cute and can usually only be heard when changing a diaper, when you're over one of our shoulders and/or when you're super happy. Basically, you're just saying gobbledygook but you're whispering it! I tried to catch a video of this, but you are still a bit camera shy...whenever I start filming you clam up! The whispers are adorable...but would be really creepy if an adult were to do it. But since you're a baby, it's adorable! You whisper to me, to your Mama and to the dogs! I cant even figure out how it would look in type...something like this:

ra ra ra ra ger ga ra gra gaaaa

I'll keep trying to get it on camera, though, since it's so adorable!

But, the other phrase you love to whisper is really easy to type. Recently you pepper your usual dialogues with this gem: "mamamamama..." You don't really know what those words mean yet, but it's super cute to hear you say them!

The best new form of vocal communique that you've recently begun is your squealing/laughing/squeal laugh. I can get you do this quite easily when kissing your belly! You laugh so hard that you almost cry. You grab on to my head and just laugh and grin! I love it! Of course, you've been giggling and laughing for a long time, but this is a new kind of laughter...I want to bottle it and wear it around my neck and keep it with me for any moment that I'm feeling down so I can just pop the cap, hear your laugh and have my mood lifted immediately!

Or these videos will do just fine:















As you can see from these videos, your britches look a little big! That's because you've been growing like a weed and you no longer fit in the "Small" G-diapers. So we had to move you up to medium.

Unfortunately, Mediums look gigantic on you, but a diaper that closes around you is much more functional than one that doesn't!

Speaking of growing, your two bottom teeth are continuing to sprout simultaneously. Last week's efforts to get a picture of them proved difficult since your lips were sealed on that subject.





But this week, after a rousingly successful introduction to bananas, I snapped a picture of the pointy culprits!Yup, those little buggers are the source of pretty much all of your grief in life right now!


Bananas? Yup, I said it! You're officially through the first rotation of veggies that went peas, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas and now you're on to Bananas! They were a big hit! And, we are super thrilled to be using all the awesome bibs we've gotten as presents, including the totally aweomse one your Aunt Rebekka got you!


Now that you're grown up enough to wear pop-culture referencing Bibs, you're definitely starting to grow up before our very eyes.

You're a lot more aware of your toys and interested in them:





And you're rapidly becoming mobile. You have your legs in the right position and are scrunching up and kicking back with all your might. But you're not quite crawling yet. But you're definitely on Crawl Watch 2010.



You're so close! But to be honest, we're not hoping you just start crawling tomorrow. We've got a house to Aidan-proof!

You have even developped this "backwards crawling" technique, in which you wind up pushing yourself further away from the thing you're trying to access. You do not like this option very much at all...but it's good practice for going forwards!

Even though you're not quite crawling forwards yet, you are still moving forwards by leaps and bounds!

The end!

1 comment:

  1. aah, I should have read your post before I e-mailed you- go Gdiapers! Ok, so now you definately have to pass on your leak-free tips:) I LOVE your kiddo's smile- soo cute!

    ReplyDelete