As part of our celebration of Mimi's #@*#th birthday, we went down to White Rock Lake to visit and feed the ducks, geese and other various fowl.
I showed you a couple of times how to do it: You take the rolled up piece of old bread and throw it to the birds. Then they eat it.
Clearly, I am a horrible teacher.
I gave you a rolled up piece of bread. You held it, looked at the birds and promptly placed the bread ball in your mouth, chewed and swallowed.
So, after a chuckle, I gave you another piece of bread, and you ate that one too!
After all that time we spend telling you not to throw your food down to the floor for the dogs to eat, we thought you'd be a natural at throwing someone else's food on the ground for a bird to eat.
And then you proved us right! I whipped out the camera to get a video of the hilarity that was you eating the birds' bread and...
You fed them!!!
This is really a perfect example of great parenting: work for hours on getting you to break a bad habit at home, be surprised when you do what we've been preaching elsewhere and then continue until you re-embrace that behavior we were trying to get you to correct...
Ah, who cares...100% consistent parenting is for the birds, anyway!
As a side note...you have gotten way better about not launching your food on the floor for the dogs. Maybe this whole unintentional reverse psychology thingy isn't more than quackery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment