Our Babies

Sunday, September 29, 2013

First Official Sleep over


















Aidan, you and your buddy Brady have taken your friendship to the next level: the slumber party!

 And by slumber party, I mean that we tried are darndest to wear the two of you out for the entire day so you would fall asleep at night.

So I took the two of you to Jump Street, where you bounced...





And played...


And tried to 'fix' the machine...

And played...



...And climbed...



...and bounced...








and tried to fix the machine again...

..and wrestled...



...and played some more...

and flopped...and giggled...and fell.



It was officially the longest time we've ever spent at Jump Street.

Then we came home and did some Play-do.



Then a little chilling time before dinner.



Then some dessert!





And after all that, it was time for bed. You and Brady fell asleep very quickly. But in the morning, we woke up to find you in our bed. I told you that your friend Brady was still here...and that he was in your room! You ran to wake him up and said "Brady! You are still here!!!!!" and gave him a big hug.

We had breakfast, Mommy made pancakes, and played outside with the dogs.








There were hardly any tears or fights or anything---just one incident whereby you, son, really really really wanted to use Brady's toothbrush. I said no, and you got a little pissed off. But, I'll blame most of that on tiredness, since someone wore you guys o-u-t during the day.

You really enjoyed each other's company. You had some really deep conversations ("Aidan you see the truck?" "It's a biiig truck." "No...it's a blue truck." "No no no no no, it's a biiiig truck.") And you legitimately did not want to leave each other. Brady wanted to stay the whole next day, and Aidan you kept asking for Brady to come play with you.

It's really wonderful to see the two of you growing up...and growing together.

It seems like forever since you two first started hanging out...



and now look at the two of you... 



But as long as there are sleep overs and bounce houses, ice cream and play-do, I'm not worried about either of you growing up too fast; but we're all very excited to watch you grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment