You read books to yourself outloud (emphasis on loud), you talk to and about your brother (who you sometimes call "Aidy"), you give commands ("wake up mommy, it's reading time!"), tell stories, ask questions, narrate your bowel movements ("here comes a big one!") and are, well, a pretty amazing conversationalist, even if there's no one else there.
The other day we were putting you down for a nap, and you weren't apparently ready to go nap yet. your mother and I hear you calling from upstairs, "Anyone? Hello anybody? Is anybody there? Is anybody there?" After cracking up, I went upstairs to check on you. You had pulled a chair over, stood up on it, and peered over the wall to call down to us. It was a very existential line of inquiry!
You say a lot of complex sentences, and paragraphs. But sometimes it's the simple things that stick with me. Before I left for work yesterday, you said "Daddy, wait! I have a kiss for you!" I melted into a puddle immediately.
Your favorite things to say are "Sure I can!" and "I do it myself!"
These aren't the best examples of your broad vocabulary, or your lengthy lexicon, or your full paragraphs. But they are great snapshots of just some of the things you say, and who you are. You are downright, chatty, Miss Julia. Especially in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment