Our Babies

Monday, February 2, 2015

Words with Aidan

Aidan, as we approach your fifth birthday, you have been experimenting more and more with enhanced vocabulary techniques, and also just saying some really sweet and funny things. This is by no means an exhaustive list. But, just a few things you've been saying here and there that either crack us up, or are memorable for other reasons.

1. Your teacher, Miss Mary, called you "Honey." Straight-faced, you turned to her and said, 'Don't call me 'Honey.' I'm not a bee!"

2. Yesterday I asked you and Julia what a bee says. You said "buh." I said, "That's close...bees say 'buzz buzz buzz.'" You said, "No. The 'B' says 'buh.'".... as in "The A says 'ah', the B says 'buh,' the C says 'cuh', and the D says "duh." Duh! 


3. The other night Mommy and I were in your room as per usual as you got ready for bed. Out of the blue, you said "Mommy, you are good at driving, and sleeping and painting. I am good at putting my pajamas on and getting ready for bed!"


4. Lately you've been into saying things are disgusting. We're not exactly positive you know what the word really means, but you like saying it. "That's disgusting!!!!!"



5. The other day you were mad at your Mama and you told her "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it....you fool!"

We had to cover our chuckles... how do you know what a fool is!


6. "CANNONBALL! (poopoo)"

7. You were in the bath tub, Julia climbed on your back. You balanced her and said "Steady, girls!"

8. Yesterday you told me "Take a hike!" But you didn't know what it meant. So it wasn't mean.

It's so great to witness the development of your vocabulary...and your mouth. And when it's meant to be funny, you have us in stitches.

"No...you're cracking me up!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment