Or if it's because we also recently watched a movie called "Waitress," in which a pregnant woman channels her emotions into delicious pies...

Or if it's just the fact that your Mom is pregnant and has a voracious appetited, but for the past 2 weeks she's been craving CHERRY PIE!
After every dinner she says stuff like "I sure WISH we had some Cherry Pie!"
Or "Why doesn't Dallas have a "Pie Hole" restaurant?"
Or "Do you know how to make Cherry Pie?"
Ice cream, while still consumed just won't do. Cake, which was purchased and presented for our anniversary, was devoured but forgotten. Cookies, no matter how delicious, just aren't cutting it. Even though most of the leftover Halloween Candy has eaten been, it just isn't satiating that need for pie.
So, on a trip to the grocery store, we recalled this pie purpose and Holly bought her very own frozen cherry pie.
Immediately after dinner on Monday night, your Mom finally got to satiate her craving:
The cherry pie went in the oven, and 55 minutes at 400 degrees later, pure bliss.
I may have even had a little slice too.
There's good news and bad news here: The good news is that there was enough pie left over for her to have some yesterday after dinner too.
The bad news is that it's now all gone. And tonight I'm bringing home a tub of cookie dough I purchased from a co-worker.
Either these White Chocolate Chip Macademia Nut Cookies will fill the void or we're gonna have to go the store and get another Cherry Pie.
You can't leave us hanging here... was there more pie?
ReplyDeleteThe pie was the loser of the evening; the white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, though, were a big hit! I even lot Holly have some.
ReplyDelete