Our Babies

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Food with a Little Kick

Last night your Mom and I made dinner (okay, well mostly me, but she watched), and we had to add this special ingredient: Chipotle Peppers in Adobo.




Your Mom had one request: "Don't make it too spicy. Bad things happen in my tummy with too much spiciness."


Actually, she said spiciness gave her heartburn, but the way I wrote it is better.


Well, I only put in the called-for amount of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, plus a little extra to "man-up" the recipe, like I normally do when I cook. You see, most recipes go light on flavor, so I always man them up a little. So, when it called for 2 peppers, I put in 3 and then a fraction of a 4th one plus a few spoonfuls of the sauce.


The manned-up dish wound up having a little kick. Not cry-your-eyes-out spicy, but spicy enough to get your attention (and Spicy enough to make your Mimi cough for 10 hours).


So, after 1 bowl and 3 glasses of water each, your Mom and I were satiated. It was actually a good dish (Smoky Chipotle Mac and Cheese), and I'll make it for you once you, well, you know grow teeth and eat people food.


But, then something really interesting happened, and it wasn't heart burn. I don't know if the caliente cuisine spiced up your night, but you were dancing the night away all over your Mom's internal organs.


You kicked for about one and a half hours straight! We both could feel you kicking and punching just from putting our hands on the belly.


I'd say that the spicy food night was your most active night yet!


But who knows if it was truly the dinner or just a coincidence. The good news, though, is that there were plenty of leftovers, so we'll get to test again tonight to see if it was food with a little kick that caused the kicks or if it was just spicy food with kick on (in) the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment