I have so much to be Thankful for this year. And every year. I am eternally thankful for your mother, Holly, who is my wife, my best friend, and my partner. I am thankful for you, Julia, for your ingenuity, precociousness, fierceness, your creativity, and dedication. I am thankful for you, Aidan, for your perseverance, your unstoppable spirit, your ability to forgive, your strength, and your sensitivity. I am so grateful that the three of you love me for who I am, despite my flaws. And I'm so Thankful that I got to take off like 8 days to be with you guys non-stop, and you didn't kick me out of the house immediately.
Over Thanksgiving break, we had time and leisure to be thankful for so much...
Thankful for sidewalk chalk and driveway fun...
Thankful for your adventurousness, as we headed down to explore the creek by our playground:
Thankful for your creativity and storytelling, Julia! You even made a book!
I'm thankful for our family. For Mimi and Pops. For Yaya and Baba. For Gigi and Pa. For Aunt Nessa and Aunt Chrissy. For Aunt Sham, Uncle Joe, Aunt Rebekka, Aunt Deborah, Uncle Dana, and Uncle Taff and their families.
We were blessed enough to spend Thanksgiving in Dallas with some of our closest family...aka the Turkeys at home!
I'm thankful for the puzzle masters and the love and cooperation you two demonstrate every day.
I'm thankful for leftovers, and that we have enough to eat every day!
I'm Thankful for your willingness to try new things, including your new big kid bikes!
I'm thankful for your desire to learn new things, Aidan, and your desire and drive to win.
I'm thankful for the buddies you guys have made in your life so far, and our friends too.
I'm thankful for our furry friends- who are always there for us. Including Preston who was not feeling well; but who you two were so kind to and nurtured back to health.
I'm thankful for beautiful weather, which enables fall-day Popsicles.
I'm thankful for neighbors who can share laughter and fun.
...and I'm thankful for your amazing Mama, who climbs the roof to make our days and nights a little brighter.
I'm thankful for bouncing, and scaling, and dodging and all of the amazing things you two can do, and all you are learning.
Thankful for movie nights...
I'm thankful for life, and the fact that I get to share mine with so many amazing people, including you Aidan and you Julia.

No comments:
Post a Comment